The translation workspace is the main window of eLUNa. It is the space where users set preferences and translate, edit and review segments, and perform other related actions. In this chapter, we look at the main elements of the interface.
1. Workspace main elements
The document uploaded for translation appears on the screen divided in color-coded segments and in two columns. The main elements you will see on the screen are:
- the main toolbar at the top, which allows you to control a series of settings and perform specific actions;
- the source column on the left, containing the text to be translated;
- the target column on the right, which contains the source text until each segment is replaced by its translation;
- the segment number columns, which appear at the far left and right of the interface; and
- the paragraph number column, which identify the paragraphs in your source document.
2. Color-coding in the source and target columns
Both the source and target columns display different colors, highlights or hyperlinks. These indicators provide additional information about the references found for your current assignment.
a) In the target column, segments are displayed on a colour-coded background, which indicates segment status, as follows:
- White background: segments are displayed in white when no matches at or above 65% are found in previously translated documents.
- Green background: segments for which a perfect match (100%) was found in Document Storage or in documents processed under the same job number;
- Grey background: segments with matches between 65 and 99% found in Document Storage or in documents processed under the same job number;
- Pink background: segments that were autotranslated or autoreplaced by eLUNa;
- Orange background: segments translated and marked as "tentative", either intentionally by the user to indicate that the segment needs review, or automatically when a segment is closed without saving;
- Blue background: segments translated and confirmed by the user in the current document.
b) In the source column, text is displayed on a white background with the following font colour codes and highlights:
- Terminology found in UNTERM records is hyperlinked in green. Clicking on the green hyperlink opens the corresponding UNTERM record in a new tab. Note that terminology in the source column is not activated by default. Go to View and turn Terminology ON to see hyperlinked terms in green.
- UN document symbols are hyperlinked in light blue. Clicking on the light blue hyperlink opens the corresponding document in bitext format in a new tab. If no bitext is available, a monolingual version will open, either from the repository of documents or from ODS.
- Text corresponding to the matching strings by the String match function is highlighted in alternating grey and blue. The alternating highlight colors indicate matching strings from different sources. Clicking on the highlighted text opens the bitext that contains the text match found. Note that String match is not activated by default. Go to View and turn String match ON to see the highlighted text.
3. Adjusting display
The main interface includes settings options to adjust display to your needs. In addition to the zooming function in the browser, which allows you to increase the size of the whole interface, including the main menu, you will also find a Font size menu. With this menu, located in the main toolbar, you can modify the size of the font without affecting the rest of the items on the screen. Click on the minus sign to reduce the size, on the middle aA to reset and on the plus sign to increase the font size.
You can also remove the paragraph number column from the screen by going to Settings and deselecting paragraph numbers. Note that the paragraph numbers in this column reflect the number of paragraphs present in the text, and not the automatically or manually numbered paragraphs in your document.
Color-coding in the target column is displayed by default. If you prefer not to see these colors, go to View and deactivate the Suggestions option. Note that you will continue to see matches when opening the target segment since the Suggestions menu only affects the color display.